What is Indian Head Massage?
A Continuing Education (12 ce’s) Training for Massage Therapists
Indian Head Massage is part of the ancient Ayurvedic medicinal system from India. It is a holistic therapy renowned for relieving symptoms of stress, anxiety and body tension.
Ayurvedic ~ which translates as “knowledge of life” ~ is based on a theory of prevention while working with the individual stress area before it settles into the body. When you address the whole body system, it clears energy blockages and achieves higher levels of well-being.
Indian Head Massage is a deeply relaxing treatment for tired, achy muscles. It calms the mind and brings the body into harmony. The ultimate goal is to release tension in the scalp, neck and shoulders, along with providing relaxation and rejuvenation while sitting in a chair.
Your client will experience:
- gentle effleuraging their back area
- stretching the arms while interlacing their fingers
- softly rotating then releasing the tension in their neck area
- ruffling their hair along with soft tapotement
- releasing the tension and stress found in our body.
A very meditative and unwinding method of bliss that you and your client will experience together.
A sense of serenity follows the treatment; clarifying the mind and giving a sense of peacefulness and empowerment.
The only equipment necessary is a regular armless chair (a folding chair would do just fine).
A seated soul experience.
Embrace this healing tradition and experience its peacefulness with a nurturing whole body mindfulness, feeling revitalized and replenished. My intention is take the time and explore and learn in a nurturing atmosphere.
After completing this 2 day ~ 12 ce course, you will be able to:
- Perform a 45 minute Indian Head Massage routine
- Integrate Chakra balancing and Marma points into the session
- Understand the benefits, effects and advantages
- Identify indications and contra-indications
- Learning a new massage technique in an inspiring and nurturing setting
- Having enough time to explore, learn and experience Indian Head Massage and feeling confident to add to your practice right away
- Feeling replenished and revitalized while learning this meditative massage.
Ann brings insights and a down-to-earth ability to teach this in a compassionate way
Registration, Fees & Cancellation Policy
All classes are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis and may fill up quickly with limited space.
Classes are kept small with the intention of giving an intimate and individual attention, creating a nurturing place to learn.
Tuition includes Informational Handouts and Certificate of Completion. The Certificate of Completion will be emailed right after the class.
If a student withdraws 14 or more days prior to the class begin, you will get the full refund.
If a student withdraws less than 14 days of class, there is no refund. You may attend a later class.
Ann Karkoski is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a Board Approved Continuing Educator Provider #451093-09 and Florida #50-11715.
Participants who attend the workshop in its entirety will receive the 12 CEs and the certificate of completion.